Rockin the Rockies

Rockin the Rockies
Rock Hounding

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Amazonite

See previous post.  We spoke to the claim owner about the location of the crystal I had found a few days earlier and he said that part of his claim had been bulldozed 25 years ago.  This made sense to me as the rocks seemed jumbled and attempts to find the origination (vug) of the clear crystal were stymied.
Yesterday I went rock hounding to the Lake George area again.  My rock buddy found a nice pocket of amazonite.  I took several pictures and will wait til we get some of the groupings cleaned before I post them.  This particular amazonite is a faint blue-green, some of the pieces are fairly large with cleavelandite.  My partner took one grouping home that had at least 6 crystals and was about 6x8x6 inches.  Being the nice guy that he is, he let me dig a few crystals out for my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment