Rockin the Rockies

Rockin the Rockies
Rock Hounding

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Getting Down and Dirty

This particular day we explored old digs from the prior year and while we didn't find much, we did get dirty.  Only shards of smoky quartz were found along with some massive pieces of fluorite.  I did find some nice microcline cystals, but the elusive amazonite remained hidden.  Here I am pointing out a new exploratory hole that I was digging.  I only found some microcline crystals here, but before the days was done Bob and I did find some quartz with faces, so something may be lurking here waiting to be found another day.  Yes, it was cold.  You might notice the red dirt where I am digging, this is usually a good sign of crystal habitat and points to extra iron in the soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment